Watercolor Painting Demo of Sweet Peas

Watercolor Painting Demo of Sweet Peas

In this video I paint a small, loose painting of sweet peas using watercolor paints. I begin by dropping in some color in the background area using a large brush and working quickly. While this is still wet, I begin working on the flowers. Because there are areas where the flower color and background color will blend, it results in a loose painting with several lost and found edges.

Sweet Peas Watercolor Painting by Vinita Pappas

18 Comments

1. Hi Vinita, Thank You for posting these free lessons. I love them. They are a great inspiration to get me going when I’ve hit a slump and need a little push. I took your “Loosen Up” workshop and really loved it and I’m signed up for your next one in July…”Going Green. I just participated in a Memorial Day Plein Air event….and for my 2nd painting of the day I did a really loose one that actually was more appealing than the 1st one which I labored over. Since your “Loosen Up” workshop I have grown to love my mop brushes. They force me to loosen up!
    Bambi

Hi Bambi,

Thanks so much for your nice comment! How fun for you to participate in the plein air event. Isn’t it nice when a painting comes together without too much effort?!

I’m glad you are loving the mop brushes and I look forward to having you in the Going Green course.

2. Hi Vinita, I love listening and watching your free videos. Are you ever in the Phila. PA area of the country? Thank you for sharing your wonderful talents.

Arlene

Thanks Arlene, I haven’t been to PA but if I’m ever there teaching, I’ll let you know.

3. I love your free lessons. They’re an inspiration for me. I just started painting
    in water color as of last year, and I find that you are a great teacher…Love your paintings! Look forward to more lessons!
    Thanks!

4. Hello Vinita,
    how happy I am to come accross your demos and to find your site,
    You are a perfect on line tutor and I loved your calm but dynamic pace, your fun and elegant and loose paintings and your desire to pass on best attitude to watercolours: fresh and crispy. I am too late for your latest on line course but will be watching your site closely. Good luck with your creativity!
    Yulia, from Scotland

Hi Yulia! Thank you so much. :)

5. Gorgeous! love your loose intuitive style, will want to sign up for your next online classes! Thank you!

Hi Shawn, I’m starting up a membership site…you can read all the details about it soon.

6. I’m really loving the video lessons. I’m really REALLY trying to loosen up, and I think it’s probably important to know that the drawing prep is vital.

Hi Deb, Yes the drawing prep is important because it gives you guidelines and also helps you envision the painting before you begin. Best of luck!

7. Thank you for posting the video. I can’t wait to try something similar.

8. Hi Vinita
    You are a hottie, and I love the lessons.
    I need to loosen up!
    cheers
    Raza

9. I loved watching your videos. Am personally just getting started with my website and absolutely love the way you create your paintings.
    Would like to know where one could obtain a pallette like the one used in your videos. It would be great for plein air work.
    Cheers.

10. you would place a new free video tutorial, would be helpful for those who can not pay their fantastic classes. Thank you very much.

11. you would place a new free video tutorial? would be helpful for those who can not pay their fantastic classes. Thank you very much.

12. Interest in watercolours. Love to watch your demos. Thank You.,

13. Avatar of Vinita

Thanks for all the great comments!

@Patricia the palette I’m using in this video is difficult to find. However you can find similar ones at cheapjoes.com or http://kremerpigments.com/.

@Noemi I’ll try to post another free video soon! :)

Submit a Comment